The Role: Press Changeover (SMED) Team Member
Shift: Double Day Shift - (Earlies: Mon - Thurs 6am - 1.45pm & Fri 6am - 11.30am then Lates: Mon - Thurs 1.30pm - 9.15pm & Fri 11.15am - 5pm),
The Client: A true global label solution provider, our client is one of the largest label companies in the world. With over 8,000 dedicated employees, they operate 70 state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in 26 countries today.
The Position: Reporting to the SMED (Single Minute Exchange of Die) Supervisor the job holder is expected to deliver an optimum press change service and play a key role in standardising the ways of working (Culture).
- Daily delivery of the SMED teams goals in terms of press changeovers.
- Working in accordance with a safe environment and individual support for the site safety objectives.
- Contribution to the Lean improvement forums especially in the field of SMED and Yield.
- Individual adherence to the quality systems and input into the local risk assessments.
- Day to day adherence to the site environmental objectives.
- The timely and cost conscious delivery of the print plan and an acute awareness of the role the SMED team plays in it.
- Reinforcement of the “one way of working” culture by strict adherence to the guides and procedures.
- The strengthening of internal customer – supplier relationships by seeking to understand the wider team goals. The use of SIPOC is key.
- Personal development through internal and external courses especially in the field of Lean and Team-working.
- Support the SMED Supervisors improvement drive by reducing change-over times in an agreed structured manner.
- Support and react to appropriate KPI’s as a team member.
- 24 days holiday
- 3% matched pension,
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Cinema discount
- Free eye tests
- Health surveillance