Weighbridge and Laboratory Assistant
Personality, flexibility and the ability to take on board training is key!
The, ideal candidate will be bright, bubbly, outgoing, excellent communication skills and good PC skills.
No specific experience is required as full training will be given to the successful candidate.
- Operate the weighbridge, sampling & weighing in/out of vehicles. Liaise with Production Manager/Plant Operatives for vehicle loading/unloading. Manage public users of the weighbridge, administer charges accordingly and liaise with the accounts department.
- Ensure all loads have the correct paperwork when weighing both, in and out.
- Carry out laboratory work – sampling and analysis of samples to determine quality as per customer specifications. Maintaining hygiene and cleanliness of the laboratory and equipment. Manage storage, housekeeping & disposal of any samples not required.
- Ensure that the analysis of loads is updated onto Grain System Daily.
- Ensure that all members of staff using the weighbridge and laboratory are completing tickets and certificate correctly.
- Complete finished product release checks and procedures.
- Carry out store monitoring on a weekly basis. Report any issues immediately to QA Manager and Production Manager.
- Carry out daily scale’s checks.
- Product certification: supply certification of material for individual customer requirements.
- Collecting and dispatch of routine monthly samples for cross checks.
- Carrying out testing of farm samples and the inputting of the results onto the Grain System.
- Undertake moisture meter checks for farmers.
- Keep track of laboratory supplies and place orders when required.
- A full UK driving licence would be advantageous.