Position: Process Engineer
Salary: Salary Range £30 - £36,000 DOE + Benefits
Hours: 39 per week, Monday - Friday, 7.30 - 4.30 / 7.30 - 12.30 Friday with Flexi Hours
Our client has ambitious growth plans over the next 5 years and are looking for a Process Engineer with a passion to deliver our market leading customers within a high technology, high reliability EMS.
The role is primarily to create and maintain manufacturing process procedures which involves the purchase, implementation and upkeep of new machinery and process methods throughout manufacturing.
The growth plans mean lots of new customer products and as a technical expert, you’ll be involved in developing our processes that enable us to manufacture the forefront of technology. You will work alongside the Engineering, Maintenance and Technical Manufacturing teams to ensure process’ are operational and streamlined. You will be able to demonstrate your success in engineering through keeping up with technological advances and industry standards.
Ideally, you’ll have a background in electronic manufacturing within a high reliability, low to medium volume sector. Your positive attitude, ability to understand our business and commitment to your customers will be the key to your success.
- Introduce, monitor, and maintain the effectiveness of manufacturing processes.
- Work alongside all business areas on continuous improvement
- Support in the onboarding and requirements capture of new customers.
- Provide technical expertise and mentoring for manufacturing processes to all employees.
- Keep up to date with advances in technology and manufacturing process developments.
- Keep up to date with customer and industry standard requirements impacting manufacturing processes.
- Maintain good working relationships with all Axis personnel, relevant customers and suppliers.
- An Engineering related Degree or relevant industry experience
- Strong English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Fully understand Lean Manufacturing, 8 Waste elimination and Design for Manufacture
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools
- Strong ability in analysing and making data driven decisions.
Nice to have’s:
- Electronic manufacturing experience within a high reliability, low to medium volume sector.
- Be J-STD-001 trained
- Use of established quality assurance tools – 5Ys, Ishikawa, Lean Six Sigma, RCCA, SPC, FMEA, etc.
- Knowledge of IFS ERP system.
- Effective ability in using risk management techniques.
- A thorough understanding and experience using industry recognised engineering tools i.e. PFMEA, SPC, Six Sigma