The Role: Skilled Labourer/Handyman
Starting Salary: £40,000 increasing based upon skill level and training
Shift: Monday to Friday 0700-1700
Must be available to work away throughout the working week, within the UK & Ireland.
Reporting within the customer care team, the successful candidate must have previous experience in working in the landscaping industry and joinery/carpentry skills.
The candidate will also require the ability to communicate clearly and politely with customers on-site.
Awesome expanding family-run business employing approximately 160 staff. Friendly supportive team whereby everyone feels valued and recognised for their hard work and commitment. A great place to work!
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 1 years’ joinery / carpentry experience
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience using power tools and equipment
- Full UK driving licence (No endorsements)
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Re-coat product that has failed in the field, to a quality and consistent standard.
- Re-install product that has failed in the field, to a quality and consistent standard.
- Removal of existing product on site
- Ability to communicate to customers both B2B and B2C
- Become a product specialist, providing customer feedback and product improvements.
- Work within deadlines set. Complete required projects within the timeframes agreed.
- Complete risk assessments and method statement.
- Take responsibility for your own and others’ health and safety when working.
- Regular communications to the customer care team.
- Building and ground maintenance
- General building and construction work on both sites
- Site cleanliness
- Maintain safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong practical skills including general carpentry.
- Hands-on approach
- Good communication skills and positive attitude towards management, work, employees’
- The ability to work under pressure
- Problem solving skills and a positive attitude to drive continual improvements forward
- Able to perform physically demanding work
- Promoting a safety conscious working environment
- Being ethical and responsible
- Knowledge and respect of health & safety procedures
- Decision making
- Managing one’s own time.
- Open and honest attitude to all
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Upholding company ethos and responsibilities
- Willing to learn and develop and an enthusiastic ‘Can do’ attitude.
- Have an eye for detail.
- Meet deadlines